As you may have guessed from the title, I held my quiz last weekend. It was a fantastic success and I managed to raise over £1000!
The evening started early with all my helpers at the hall laying out the tables and getting the food set up. So, we were ready by 7.30 when people starting arriving. Tracy, who had written the quiz for me, couldn’t attend, so my mum was the quiz master. As the evening progressed, the results for each team’s round were projected onto a big screen at the front of the room, which added a sense of excitement through the evening.
I held it at my local village hall with an amazing turn out of almost 100 guests, so we were all packed in quite tightly! Amazing I had managed to hire the hall for free thanks to the village trustees and their support.
I would also like to thank Tracy who wrote the quiz, which everyone enjoyed. But congratulations to YYY Delila for annihilating the competition – even the Proquizzers, although my team unfortunately did come second last! 🙂
There is a long list of people I’d like to thank,
- Skip and the scout helpers for supplied and preparing the excellent ploughman’s
- Everyone who came
- Everyone who donated raffle prized
- My dad for donating the keg of beer
- Tracy for the quiz
- And everyone who helped me on the night and beforehand to make the evening run so smoothly
- And of course, my mum who helped me plan and was an incredible quiz master.
Here is some snap shots of the event at the start, I got so busy I didn’t take any once everyone arrived